The leading provider of competitive intelligence for public accounting firms and the profession.
Offer Number: 2-6984-001
Update Frequency: Monthly
Material ID: 000000000010033818
Public Accounting Report is leading provider of competitive intelligence for public accounting firms and the profession. It is renowned for its straight reporting and analysis of the news, developments, and trends that have defined the profession for more than 20 years. Public Accounting Report is written for public accounting firm partners and professionals, opinion leaders, and industry observers. A subscription includes 12 issues plus periodic special reports and extras, including the exclusive Public Accounting Report Top 100 ranking of accounting firms and the Professors Survey.
Julie Lindy is the Editor of Public Accounting Report. ;Julie has been writing about, observing and analyzing the accounting and professional services business since 1995. She is author of the book, "Recruiting and Retaining Accounting Professionals" and has ghostwritten books for leading consultants to the accounting profession on topics such as managing professional services firms in the 21st Century and mergers and acquisitions. For her analysis and insight on the public accounting profession, Julie has been quoted by The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Business Week, Fortune, Inc., Bloomberg, Time, The Washington Post, FastCompany, CBS, National Public Radio and other news organizations. Her work has earned national journalism awards for analysis of profitability benchmarks to the accounting profession and for coverage of the Price Waterhouse/Coopers & Lybrand merger and the Arthur Andersen-Andersen Consulting breakup.
Julie graduated with a degree in journalism from Louisiana State University and went on to study international media systems at the University of London. She also has a master’s degree in English education and is a certified teacher in Georgia. Julie is a veteran of the daily newspaper business, where her work was recognized with awards from such prestigious organizations as the Associated Press, Gannett, and the Society of Professional Journalists.
Topics covered include breaking news, in-depth firm profiles, mergers and acquisitions, office closings, key personnel moves, legal and regulatory issues, competitive intelligence, niche practices and product launches, and much more.
Each issue is packed with timely information you can use to benchmark how your firm is performing. Here are some recent headlines that you may have missed:
- Accounting Image Takes Upturn - poll shows profession image makes largest jump
- Growth Leaders Take Varying Routes to Success - Another newcomer turns in highest Top 100 growth rate
- Grant Thornton Nixes Internal Control Work for SEC Audit Clients
- AICPA Shifts Student Recruitment Campaign Focus
- Deloitte & Touche Leads Insurance Audits - PwC rakes in most fees
- Elliott Davis & Co. Sells Valuation Unit - Firm plans to focus on several high-growth initiatives
- PCAOB May Look at Tax Shelters - Lack of strict definitions make the job of setting rules tougher
- AICPA Council Gives Nod to Credentials
- News about the SEC and PCAOB, as well as other legal and regulatory issues
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Firm profiles
- Auditor changes
- Key personnel news
- Niche practices