The CCH IRS Representation Certification Program, created by tax controversy expert Eric L. Green, J.D., LL.M., was born in response to a great and growing need among clients and taxpayers for professional assistance in managing offers in compromise with the IRS. By completing the CCH IRS Representation Certification Program, you will be the expert for which your clients are looking.
This convenient online program provides the tools you need to represent IRS collections clients with confidence, and the opportunity to earn CPE while doing it!
What You Can Expect:
- 31 CPE credits
- 20 on-demand video courses taught by Eric Green, J.D., LL.M.
- All slide decks referenced by the instructor
- Detailed case studies analyzing actual situations, explaining steps that were taken and why, with the actual IRS forms (letters, spreadsheets, allowable expense tables) filled out and with all details explained
- Tips and techniques for successful marketing to this niche
- Comprehensive practice management module explaining every step of the client relationship, including model templates such as engagement and retainer letters
- Course quizzes and a final exam
- Certificate of Educational Achievement upon completion
Everything You Need for Representing Clients with Success
As a tax advisor, you’re already positioned to represent clients in front of the IRS. All you need is the knowledge and tools to do it efficiently, successfully and with confidence. More than just the basics, the CCH IRS Representation Certification Program teaches you the right strategies to apply to each of the learning areas offered in this curriculum.
The course presents content and practice tips based on the instructor’s experiences with real clients, and each module ends with a quiz to make sure you’ve learned what you need to know. You’ll come away confident in knowing what to expect and what to do next – you’ll be the advocate your clients are seeking!
Besides the intrinsic value of adding another expertise to your practice, there are many potential benefits to CPAs and EAs who become certified by Wolters Kluwer, CCH:
- Get the knowledge and skills you need to help people through an otherwise intimidating and frustrating process — potentially leading to continued client relationships, sales and referrals
- Learn at your own pace with the convenience and flexibility of an online format
- Receive 31 CPE credits — an added value to your time investment
- Obtain a certificate of educational achievement that shows you've studied the law and practice requirements in order to represent clients involved in negotiating an IRS appeal — a premium service that can lead to other profitable services
CTEC Statement: Wolters Kluwer, CCH has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer courses that provide federal and state credit towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the State of California. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, toll-free by phone at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org
Eric L. Green, J.D., LL.M.
Attorney Eric L. Green is a partner at Green & Sklarz LLC, with offices in New Haven, Stamford, and West Hartford, Connecticut. The focus of Mr. Green's practice is taxpayer representation before the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Justice Tax Division, Connecticut Department of Revenue Services and Massachusetts Department of Revenue, as well as handling probate matters, estate planning for individuals and business owners and tax planning for closely held businesses. He is a frequent lecturer on tax topics, such as estate planning, and the handling of tax audits and controversies. He has served as adjunct faculty at the University of Connecticut School of Law.
Mr. Green has been quoted in USA Today, CreditCard.com, Consumer Reports Financial News and is an advisor and columnist for the Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure from Wolters Kluwer, CCH. He is also the current chair of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Tax Section and is a Member of its Estate & Probate Section.
- Resolving an Outstanding IRS Tax Debt: Offers, Installment Agreements and More
- The Bank Secrecy Act: Why Your Tax Client Might be Laundering Money Without Knowing It – IRS Agents Are on the Way
- IRS Tax Penalties and Abatement Strategies
- IRS Exam and Appeals Tips and Tactics
- Dealing with the IRS Collection Division
- FBAR & FATCA – The New Frontier in IRS Enforcement
- Hobby Losses: IRS Exam and Litigation Issues
- Cancelled Debt and Bankruptcy Tax Issues
- FBAR - Latest Trends in Stepped-Up IRS Enforcement