Transitioning to CCH
SpeedTax products and services will now be maintained as a product suite under the CCH brand. Together, SpeedTax and CCH, will continue to provide you with the product and customer service you have come to anticipate. Most importantly, during this transition you can expect:
- A Positive Experience — We will ensure you continue to receive the product updates, support and communications you depend on in a timely and uninterrupted manner.
- Exemplary Customer Service and Support — We think you'll find that our long-standing commitment to customer service and support will be especially beneficial to your organization. To help you remain as productive as possible even when not in the office, we've made it easy to right away find the answers and support you need — simply visit support.cch.com or contact us at 866-513-CORP, selection 4.
- Product Development that Leverages Advanced Technologies — We are committed to providing you with an even stronger emphasis on product development and service by utilizing our combined knowledge, experience, support, resources and expertise to bring you the best sales and use tax and compliance solutions in the market.
1. What was announced?
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business announced on July 26, 2011, that it has acquired SpeedTax, a provider of Software-as-a-Service sales and use tax solutions serving small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) in the corporate market, and the CPA firms that serve them.
2. What is SpeedTax?
SpeedTax is a provider of easy-to-use Software-as-a-Service sales and use tax solutions. It performs real-time, automated sales tax calculations, integrated with customers' financial or e-commerce systems, and provides automatic returns preparation and filing, while enabling reporting, treasury management and audit defense with web-based compliance management and reporting tools.
Designed by and for accountants, SpeedTax solutions include:
- Core™: Serving businesses, SpeedTax's essential, fully-automated calculation service, integrated into a financial or e-commerce application (Sales Tax Calculation);
- Plus™:Serving businesses, SpeedTax's full-suite service, extending functionality offered with Core to include automated returns, filing and remittance (Sales Tax Returns Preparation); and
- Pro™: Serving CPA firms, an expert-level automation and management service for CPA firms servicing multiple clients (CPA / Multi-entity Administration).
3. What does this mean to professionals?
The alignment of SpeedTax with CCH is great news for professionals. As a result of the acquisition, the combination of CCH content, SpeedTax's fully integrated calculation and compliance solution and the ability to customize customer implementations means professionals now have access to a single, superior solution to meet their compliance needs.
4. What's changing for SpeedTax customers?
It's business as usual for SpeedTax customers, who can expect to receive the same high level of service and solution performance. Going forward, SpeedTax customers can also expect to benefit from CCH's investment, resources and support as we build on product and service excellence to meet customers' evolving needs.
5. How will CCH customers benefit from this acquisition?
Utilization of SaaS services is an emerging trend in corporate accounting and now, CCH customers will have the opportunity to move to this SaaS-based solution, which delivers greater ease of installation and updating and remote accessibility. Going forward, customers can also expect to benefit from CCH's investment, resources and support as we build on product and service excellence to meet customers' evolving needs.
6. Who should SpeedTax customers call if they have a question?
To help you remain as productive as possible even when not in the office, we've made it easy to find the answers and support you need — simply visit support.cch.com or contact us at 866-513-CORP, selection 4.
7. Where can you get more information about SpeedTax now?
The SpeedTax web site is CCHGroup.com/SpeedTax.