The FASB Codification changes your world...
CCH makes the changes seamless
The way you think about, reference and conduct your research in U.S. GAAP has been turned upside-down.
Are you prepared?
On July 1, the FASB Accounting Standards Codification™ became effective for transactions that occur beginning on or after July 1 for a calendar year end company. You will immediately need to be conversant with a whole new GAAP structure and nomenclature since there will no longer be "FAS 109" or "FIN 48" to refer to. There is no transition period to help you. Your only reliable source for the seamless move to the Codification, fully integrating world class interpretive guidance, other non-authoritative materials and international accounting standards is CCH's Accounting Research Manager (ARM).
FASB made the FASB Accounting Standards Codification™ the single source of authoritative nongovernmental U.S. GAAP on July 1, 2009. The Codification is effective for financial statements that cover interim and annual periods ending after September 15, 2009. The Codification is not supposed to change GAAP, but is intended to help find and research GAAP. The Codification is a new structure which takes accounting pronouncements and organizes them into 90 accounting topics. It eliminates the previous levels of U.S. GAAP. It does not include any guidance or interpretations of GAAP beyond what is already reflected in the FASB literature. It merely takes previously issued FASB standards and other authoritative pronouncements, changes the nomenclature that you have used to refer to them in the past, and includes them in specific topic areas.
CCH is completely committed to helping you through this transition every step of the way. Our experts have been closely working with the Codification for over a year to ensure that ARM will be the most complete, up-to-date and accurate source of accounting research in the industry.
ARM is your one-stop-shop for all of your accounting research
No need to purchase the Codification on the FASB website. ARM includes:
- The complete Codification
- Cross-reference tables to pre-codified U.S. GAAP
- An archive of FASB data as it existed on June 30, 2009
- Expert interpretive guidance and easy-to-understand summaries
- SEC staff speeches and various bases for conclusions and other valuable "non-authoritative" information that the FASB decided to exclude from the Codification
- International accounting standards
All fully linked and integrated to ensure your transition is seamless and your research is complete and accurate - NO ONE CAN MATCH THAT.
ARM included the complete Codification when it became the authoritative source of GAAP on July 1. In addition, we released enhanced interpretations and exciting new functionality. When the Codification became the authoritative source of GAAP on July 1st, ARM:
- Provided the complete Codification if your subscription currently includes FASB content
- Released our world-class Interpretations, Guidance and Examples written by the industry's foremost experts that are updated to reference the Codification
- Adopted the FASB's 90 topics into its "enhanced" Accounting Standards and later mapped to IFRS to prepare you for the US/IFRS convergence
- Provided a cross-reference to the new topical Codification with the historical/archived content
- Linked to all relevant content that was not included in the Codification but may be critical to your research to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Offers unmatched training opportunities for you and your staff on the Codification
- Plus more...
In ARM's Accounting Standards, we are bringing together the Codification, other relevant source content (not included in the Codification), and our interpretation - all integrated with a plain language summary.
Be sure to check out our other solutions on FASB Codification
To access all these essential tools to a seamless transition to the Codification, take a free 14 day trial to ARM!
FASB CODIFICATION: Lessons Learned From the First 45 Days - CCH Audio Seminar
Codification Training Opportunities on ARM
Accounting for Uncertain Tax Positions (FIN 48 Manager)
Fair Value Measurements Manager
Accounting for Income Taxes (FAS 109 and IAS 12) Manager
IFRS and Other Major Changes - CCH Learning Center Web-Based CPE Course
New GAAP 2010 Editions
Rely on ARM as the source for preparing, transitioning, and navigating through the Codification this year and beyond!
We have recently published a series of articles that will help you understand what the Codification is and what it means to your research and workflow.
If you currently subscribe to ARM, you have access to these articles and many other essential sources such as: Literature Updates and Hot Topics.
CCH will continue to inform users of developments during the upcoming weeks via ARM Daily News, Weekly Summary, Hot Topics, and other helpful tools. We look forward to providing you with the information and tools you need during this exciting time.