ClientRelate allows you to perform three types of searches that provide you with fast answers to your clients' tax questions: Search by Tax Bulletin, Search by Service and Search by Client.
Search by Tax Bulletin
Bulletins offer you timely coverage of new developments in federal and state tax law.
- Search by Bulletin looks across your entire client base to see which clients are impacted by specific developments.
- Search results highlight the new tax development, point out the follow-up actions required and indicate taxpayers that may be affected.
- The client letter communicates the new development in non-technical language so that you can quickly mail or e-mail your clients.
Search by Service
This search checks across your entire client base to see which clients might benefit from specific services or engagements and provides comprehensive analysis of step-by-step procedures for tax planning engagements. It also:
- Provides a detailed explanation of the tax law behind the service so that you have a better basis for providing the service to your clients.
- Details the actions required to provide the service so that junior staff can perform the service with less supervision.
- Offers downloadable tools that shorten the time required to complete the service. These include sample spreadsheets, checklists, questionnaires and filled-in forms.
- The client letter produced describes the potential benefit of the service in non-technical language so that you can quickly mail or e-mail your clients.
Search by Client
Determine which services or bulletins might be most beneficial to a particular client.
- Generate a list of clients that could be impacted by new tax developments or benefit from tax planning strategies.
- Use the ClientRelate wizard from any bulletin or service to initiate a search against your database of federal and state tax returns in ProSystem fx®.
- At the conclusion of your search, you’ll be presented with a list of targeted clients.
Powerful tools within ClientRelate complete the process.
- Client Letters: Once you get your results, you can easily send out client letters with the mail merge tool. The client letters within ClientRelate are pre-formatted to work with Microsoft® Word mail merge or e-mail merge functionality, so you can easily communicate important issues with your clients. The process is easy. You simply:
- Review the letter and personalize it to fit your style.
- Verify that all the clients on the results list should receive the letter.
- Click on the Merge to a New Document icon to produce a personalized letter for each client on the list.
- The integration with your ProSystem fx tax preparation software continues as the client contact information is extracted from your tax preparation client files.
- Spreadsheets — Most ClientRelate services and some bulletins contain downloadable spreadsheet files that assist you in performing calculations for your clients. These spreadsheets are built and tested by our editors, so that you can save time in performing the service or communicating the impact of a new law.
- Assumptions — Most spreadsheets have a data collection page for you to enter the relevant data.
- Client ready output — The spreadsheets contain a customer presentation page, formatted with a professional look.
- Filled-in forms — When a form that is not used frequently is required, ClientRelate provides sample filled-in forms and supporting statements to provide guidance when you complete the form for your clients.
Strengthen your practice with ClientRelate. Contact us today — we’ll get you there.
Formats available / Update frequency