Welcome to the 2018 Whole Ball of Tax — your premier resource for tax season updates and expertise from Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting. Here, you’ll find a wide range of topical press releases and updated charts featuring analysis from our federal and state tax experts. Visit often as new and updated information will be posted throughout the tax season.
Wolters Kluwer can assist you with stories and provide interviews with subject-matter experts. Please contact:
- What’s New with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Healthcare: Still an Uncertain Future
- Finding a Tax-friendly State for Retirement
- Online Shopping Sales & Use Taxes Update
- Business Traveler Tax Planning Tips
- Charitable Contribution Tax Rules
- New Rules on Disaster Relief
- Gig Economy Tax Implications
- BEPS Update
- U.S. Moves to Territorial Tax System
- Base Erosion Rules & Multinationals
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- 2017-2018 Tax Brackets
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act vs. Prior Law
- Tax Scenarios Under the New Legislation
- Education Tax Breaks
- Average Itemized Deductions
- Top 10 Highest & Lowest State Sales Taxes
- Avoiding an Audit
- Individual Audit Data
- Retirement By the Numbers
- Historical Capital Gains Rates
- Historical Income Tax Rates
- Historical Estate & Gift Tax Rates
What's New with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act?
With the most significant piece of tax legislation in perhaps the last 30 years enacted in December 2017, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has brought changes that will affect virtually all taxpayers. Wolters Kluwer reviews critical changes taxpayers need to know.
Where to Retire? Finding a Tax-friendly State to Call Home
Whether you’re looking to stay put, seeking out adventure or just hoping for a warmer climate in your golden years, how much of your retirement income goes to taxes depends not just on how much income your nest egg earns, but also on where you choose to live. Wolters Kluwer outlines state tax considerations for retirees.
Disaster Relief & Taxes
The year 2017 saw a number of major disasters, including Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria and the California wildfires. Yet there were many more major disaster declarations by the federal government than one might expect. Wolters Kluwer provides the new tax relief guidance on federal disasters in 2016 and 2017.
2017-2018 Tax Rates
Wolters Kluwer provides at-a-glance tax rates, standard deductions and more for 2017 and 2018.
Tax Scenarios Under the New Legislation
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act called for significant changes impacting taxpayers across the country. Wolters Kluwer calculates tax scenarios to see how various households fare under the new legislation versus the old law.