CCH ProSystem fx Tax Client Data Conversion converts your tax data information with speed and accuracy. Getting started is easy. Upon processing your order, you will receive an email containing information to help get the conversion process started. Tax data files are sent to our Conversion Processing Center and returned to you in a format that will allow continued preparation of returns on extension and/or preparation of Pro Forma and Organizer/Tax Notebook for the next tax year.
- Client tax data files are sent to Wolters Kluwer for conversion
- Comprehensive Items Converted Lists are available for each product being converted
- Dedicated customer service and support are available throughout the conversion process
Easily and accurately convert your client information to CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax for the following modules:
- Individual 1040
- Partnership 1065
- Corporation 1120
- S Corporation 1120S
- Fiduciary 1041
- Exempt Organization 990
- Deferred Compensation 5500
Each competitor conversion differs. Email us for details about the software you will be converting from.
- 2014 Conversions for Extension Returns will be available for the software/products below in late July:
- Lacerte — 1040, 1120, 1120S
- GoSystem RS — 1040, 1120, 1120S
- Ultra Tax CS — 1040, 1120, 1120S
- ProSeries — 1040, 1040NR
- Prior year return conversions (2009-2013) are currently available.
For assistance, questions or additional information, email us or call:
- 800-739-9998, option 3, option 4 for assistance with ProSystem fx or CCH® ProSystem fx® Global fx
- 877-977-9739, option 1, option 2 for assistance with CCH Axcess Tax
Please review this information carefully prior to installing Client Data Conversions. Additional detailed information, including step-by-step instructions, can be found within the Conversion program itself
Note: For CCH Global fx or CCH Axcess users, the Getting Started step is not necessary. The Conversion Program can be accessed directly from within the CCH Global fx/CCH Axcess software.
- Install the 2013 CCH ProSystem fx Tax software (v 2013.0400 or later). Be sure to install any tax product (1040, 1120) to be converted.
- The conversion process requires the creation of at least one Office Group in CCH ProSystem fx Tax. Create an Office Group by clicking the Office Manager icon in CCH ProSystem fx Tax.
- Click here to download and install the Conversion Program.
- The installation will place an icon on your desktop to access the Conversion Program. It can also be found in the Windows® Start Menu >Programs>ProSystem fx Client Data Conversions.
- After the conversion process is complete, you can open the converted returns in 2013 Tax Preparation and complete or modify the returns.
- Prior year tax returns converted using the Same Year method are available in the tax software immediately after conversion.
- Prior year tax returns converted using the Pro Forma method should not be viewed and cannot be calculated or changed in the conversion year tax program. They must be rolled forward to the next tax year before they are available for modification. Much of the converted data will not be visible until the return is rolled forward.
Detailed Items Converted Lists and a User Guide for each Conversion can be viewed by opening the Conversion Program and clicking the ‘Learn More About Conversions’ link. These documents can be printed for your convenience as well. For further assistance, please call Customer Support at 800-PFX-9998, option 3, option 4.